When you try to access or open Outlook PST file, you may get different errors that make your Outlook data inaccessible. Therefore, here is the best solution i.e. PST Repair Tool to fix PST file errors in Outlook 2007. You can use this software to repair PST file corrupted due to various reasons. As the errors that you get while accessing the PST file makes all Outlook data inaccessible, it is essential to use the PST Repair Software to resolve these issues. This software can also recover all Outlook items like emails, contacts, calendar entries, appointments, notes, tasks etc. from corrupted Outlook PST file. It creates a new PST file to store recovered Outlook data instead of storing recovered data in the same damaged file thus, ensures safety of the original PST file. It can also fix Outlook 2003 PST file after sudden power failure, abruptly terminating Outlook etc.
List of common errors and causes are as follows:
- “The Outlook.pst is not a personal folder file”: If PST file header is corrupted then you may encounter this error message. The PST file header contains the whole information of PST file like file name, size, creation date etc. Therefore, if the header of PST file gets corrupted then the Outlook fails to recognize the whole PST file resulting in errors.
- “Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”: If the PST file gets corrupted due to insufficient resources, virus attacks or virus infected attachments, abrupt termination of Outlook then you may get this error message resulting in loss of Outlook data.
- “The file Outlook.pst could not be found”: This type of error mainly occurs due to 2 reasons i.e. either the PST file is severely corrupted or the PST file is situated on a MS Exchange server, which is not available. If the PST file is corrupted due to any corruption issues then you need to make use of PST Repair Tool. In second case i.e. if PST file is located on server then you need to take help of a system administrator to resolve the issue.
- “Unable to display the folder. The file Outlook.pst could not be accessed”: If MS Outlook does not able to read the information about folders from the PST file then you may encounter this error. This error message indicates that the PST file is corrupted, which needs to be repaired in order to access the Outlook data.
- “Outlook.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116”: If PST index file is corrupted due to some common reasons like improper system shutdown or Outlook, virus attacks or software malfunction then you will get this error resulting in loss of Outlook items.
- “Outlook.pst could not be accessed. Data error, cyclic redundancy check”: When you get this error messages, some of the downloaded emails and attachments become inaccessible. Due to this error, you may not be able to send or receive the emails resulting in loss of emails
- “Errors have been detected in the Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications and then use the Inbox Repair Tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file”: Whenever you try to open PST file, Outlook first reads the header part of the file like signature and compatibility. If it does not encounter any problem then start reading data part of the file. If data part contains any errors then Outlook displays the above mentioned error making all the data inaccessible. Please do follow the link if you want to repair the DBX file. http://www.bestpstrepairtool.com/outlook-express-dbx-file.html
All the above mentioned errors indicate that the PST file is corrupted. In order to repair the corrupted PST file, Microsoft has provided the in-built utility called as Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool). If the PST file is severely corrupted or if some contents of PST file are unrecognizable then the tool fails to repair it. Additionally, you will get error messages that indicate that the Scanpst.exe fails to repair corrupted PST file resulting in data loss. In order to fix corrupted Outlook PST file in such situation, use PST Repair Software.
Competent Features of PST Repair Software
- Easy to operate and safe to repair as it does not alter the contents of corrupted PST file instead, it creates a new PST file to store recovered items
- Allows user to find the location of the PST file and then repair it in less span of time
- Highly compressed and password protected PST files can also be repaired easily
- Recover deleted or lost contents like emails, contacts, calendar items, notes, tasks, journals etc. from Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Fix oversized Outlook 2000 PST file on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Preview option is available to view recovered items using Outlook style Browser view
How this software works?
Step 1: First you need to download and launch the PST Repair Tool. Once the software is launched, a main screen is displayed with 3 option i.e. “Open PST file”, “Find PST file” and “Select Outlook Profile”. Select one of the options based on your needs and then select the corrupted PST file.
Step 2: After selecting the corrupted PST file, next screen appears with 2 options i.e. “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan”. Select one of the options to scan and recover data from the Outlook and then click “Repair” button to start scanning.
Step 3: Once the scanning is done, you can view the contents of repaired PST file in Outlook Browser Style view.