PST Repair Tool is one of the best repair tool, which you can use to fix the corrupted or damaged PST file in MS Outlook 2002, 2007 and 2010. It can recover emails, contacts, calendar items, journals, tasks, notes, RSS feeds etc. from corrupted Outlook PST file. This software can also repair Outlook 2000 PST file over 2GB on Win XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Additionally, it also has the ability to repair PST file corrupted due to abrupt or improper system shutdown, sudden power failures, virus infections etc. Abrupt System shutdown or accidental system shut down is the common human error that results in loss of data including Outlook data.
What happens to the Outlook data when the computer is abruptly turned off?
Windows Operating System requires you to follow a simple procedure to turn off your system. Properly turning off the system will protect your data including Outlook PST file from being corrupted. When you turn off the system, the Operating System saves sessions, system information and disconnects the network, dial up and other external connections and then prepares itself for shutdown. But, when the system gets abruptly turned off then data corruption or Operating System related errors may occur. This is because, the OS cannot synchronize the buffer cache with the contents of the disk.
A buffer cache is a special region of main memory that the OS reserves for disk data. It allows you to quickly access data that would otherwise need to be fetched from hard drive. Active processes are stored in buffer cache only so, if you turn off your system abruptly then OS fails to synchronize the cache data with the contents of hard disk resulting in data corruption. Similarly, if you are accessing data from Outlook PST file then the PST index file may get corrupted resulting in an error message like “Outlook.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116”.
There are some situations where the Operating System stops responding due to which you may need to forcefully turn off the system. Common situations are as follows.
- If the Operating System crashes due to virus or any other logical reasons then you need to turn off your system to avoid further data loss
- If OS freezes then also you need to forcefully shut down the system
- If you work on too many task at a time, your system may hang and cause sudden shutdown
- If your IP is asking you to turn off your system due to some third party conflicts then you must shut down the system
- If drivers are incompatible with the system then your system gets turned off abruptly
- Your system may also get turn off suddenly due to fluctuation in voltage
When you turn on the system after abrupt system shutdown, the in-built utilities like CHKDSK start scanning the drive to fix the errors. If the PST file gets corrupted and if you are getting PST file errors due to abrupt system shutdown then you can use Inbox Repair Tool to fix the errors. If some contents of PST file are unrecognizable then Scanpst.exe may delete the contents of PST file resulting in loss of Outlook data. Therefore, it is better to use the professional PST Repair Tool to fix the corruption issue. This tool can also fix PST corrupt after Outlook 2010 hangs due to some add-ins, improper synchronisation of Outlook data like contacts with cell phone etc.
Essential Features of PST Repair Software
- Repair Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 PST file corrupted due to improper system shutdown, virus attack, header corruption, power failures etc.
- Recover deleted or lost emails, contacts, calendar entries, journals, tasks, notes etc. from corrupted PST file
- It can also restore deleted emails after accidentally emptying the "Deleted Items" folder and you can get the complete details regarding recovered email items such as To, CC, Subject, etc before restoration. It is also capable to locate missing emails from Outlook effectively.
- It creates new PST file to save recovered Outlook data in Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 format
- Outlook 2007 repair software is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP and Windows Server 2003 and 2008
Steps you need to follow to repair PST file
Step 1: Download and launch the application. Once the software is launched, a main screen is displayed with 3 option i.e. “Open PST file”, “Find PST file” and “Select Outlook Profile”. Select one of the options based on your requirements and then select the PST file.
Step 2: Now, select either “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” to scan the corrupted PST file and then click “Repair” button to start repairing and recovering the contents from corrupted PST file
Step 3: Once the scanning is finsihed, recovered Outlook data can be viewed in Outlook Browser Style view.
Tips to prevent PST file corruption problems
- Always delete unwanted emails from the Outlook and take regular backup of PST file
- Use updated and effective anti-virus application to protect your Outlook data against viruses.
- If you are using Outlook 2003 then you convert the ANSI format PST file to the Unicode format of Outlook 2003. This is because, Unicode format of Outlook 2003 doesn't have the 2GB limit.
- Make use of UPS to avoid fluctuation in voltage and therevy avoid loss of Outlook data due to power outages