Outlook is an email application used worldwide to organize and manage e-mails. It enables you to manage your mails and contacts in a well organized way. All your contacts, mails, notes, RSS feeds, appointments, etc are stored by Outlook in a personal storage table called a PST file. PST files stores all your work that you do in Microsoft Outlook. This PST file has a specific default size depending upon the version of Outlook in use. For Outlook 2003 and 2007 PST size is user-definable maximum up to 20 GB. It is restricted 2 GB for earlier versions of Outlook. For Outlook 2010 the user-definable size extends maximum up to 50 GB which provides you an ease to store large PST files.
But sometimes an error messages pops up while opening Outlook application. Mostly the reason behind this error messages is corruption of PST file. Your PST file may get corrupted due to any reason like virus or malware infection, exceeded size or improper termination. In such situation, in spite of worrying about damaged PST file, you need to look for software to repair corrupted Outlook PST file. You can get a best PST repair tool, which can allow you to repair Microsoft Outlook inbox as well as recover emails and other items from your Outlook. You can use these guidelines to fix Outlook inbox successfully.
Some reasons leading to corruption of Outlook PST file are mentioned below:
- Improper Termination: Due to sudden power failure or Operating System crash, if Outlook terminates improperly without saving any data the PST file gets corrupted resulting in loss of all data.
- Oversized PST: In case if the data stored in a PST file reaches or exceeds its default size limit, then also the PST file might get corrupt thus leaving the data inaccessible.
- Improper file Recovery: Sometimes the improper recovery process also leads to the corruption of recovered PST files.
- Virus or malware infection: If the system gets infected by virus or malware, all the files stored in it including PST file are corrupted leaving all the data inaccessible.
- Improper compaction of PST file: In order to save more space, you may try to compress your PST file. If the compaction process fails due to any reason like power interruption then also it results in the corrupted PST file.
Apart from the above unexpected events, sometimes you may be deleted Outlook items accidentally, such as Calendar events, journals, contacts, emails, etc. Still, there is no need to worry since you can easily get back deleted calendar items and other attributes from outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, etc, using Best PST repair tool. To know more details regarding how to get back deleted calendar items from Outlook 2010, you can check out here.
Microsoft Outlook provides an in-built repair tool called Scanpst to scan the corrupted PST file. This tool scans the PST and if it finds any inaccessible or unrecognizable data then it may delete that data from PST files. Using this tool to repair PST file can lead to loss of data. The best and easiest option to repair corrupted Outlook PST file is to use a professional PST Repair Tool. This software is one of the best repair tools available online. It easily repairs corrupted PST file and recovers all emails, contacts, notes, tasks calendar entries, etc from it. The tool is competent to repair corrupt PST files due to any reason on Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. This software can repair Outlook 2007 after errors due to oversized PST file, virus attack, file header corruption etc. It can also repair highly compressed and password protected PST files within few clicks. The software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows Sever 2003 and 2008. You can download the trial version of this software to repair corrupted Outlook PST. The software also provides you an option to preview you repaired files.
Simple Steps to repair corrupted Outlook PST file:
Step 1: Download and launch the trial version of the software. Select “Open PST file” option if you know the location of PST file otherwise select “Find PST File” option to locate it from the main window as shown in figure.
Step 2: Now, select either “Normal scan” or “Smart Scan” options according to your requirement and click on "next".
Step 3: After finishing the recovery process, view recovered Outlook data using an Outlook Style Browser view.